Five Frogs (FF) is an antiracist social impact organization driven by its mission to “build a powerful movement of diverse, representative leaders with the competencies, mindset, drive and relationships necessary to create lasting, positive change for an equitable Connecticut.” Its signature program, Leadership Development Roundtable (LDR) was launched in 2008 as a cohort experience that supports promising leaders to improve their leadership practices and expand their professional networks. Based on the success of LDR, the organization was incorporated in 2016 to further address the racial inequities embedded in leadership development.
“Talent is equally distributed. Opportunity is not.” Five Frogs is known for expanding opportunities for leaders, especially leaders of color and those from underrepresented groups. Moving forward, Five Frogs remains committed to building and supporting leaders and growing a multi-sector, diverse leadership pipeline and the network necessary to power collective action and change.
Five Frogs is seeking its first Operations Associate to support crucial day-to-day operations, build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define and own new operational strategies. This is a critical role in helping the organization achieve its growth goals and mission. The Operations Associate will report to the Executive Director. The anticipated start date is January 24, 2022.
Responsibilities for the Operations Associate include but are not limited to:
- Act as primary relationship manager for vendors and independent contractors
- Own, audit, and regularly update operations manual and other internal process documents
- Manage organization’s fiscal calendar, meetings and events
- Provide core support for virtual technologies/software platforms
- Aggregate information for monthly communications and website updates/posts
- Manage cloud-based file management system and policies
- Support HR activities and employee onboarding under guidance of Executive Director
- Monitor project deadlines and contract expiration dates
- Support Executive Director in annual budget planning
- Responsible for annual subscription renewals
- Pick up and process mail, make bank deposits and coordinate mailings
- Answer and direct organizational phone calls and online inquiries
- Manage scheduling for Board and committee meetings
- Assemble and proof meeting materials and provide meeting logistics support
- Own the process for updating Board members bios and contact information
- Annually update/collect confidentiality agreements, conflict of interest forms, and other related governance duties
- Communicate with funders regarding grant submissions and requests
- Manage process for donor/funder acknowledgement letters
- Create and/or update program materials including recruitment/application materials
- Secure venues and coordinate catering as needed
- Coordinate all aspects of grants administration and reporting including the processing of grant agreements and tracking payments
- Update existing contacts and add new ones regularly
- Monitor profiles for data integrity
- Implement standard for consistent data entry
- Ad-hoc reporting
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND QUALIFICATIONS
This is a great opportunity for someone who has well-rounded experience in operations and administration, is analytical and highly organized. The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in an operations function
- Experience implementing operational improvements and structuring an efficient work flow
- Proficiency in Salesforce and advanced-level Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines consistently, plan ahead, communicate and resolve problems
- Ability to work with changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple projects
- Strong organizational, project management, planning and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to racial equity and leadership development
- Ability to work collaboratively in a virtual environment and effectively across difference
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment which is dedicated to learning and growing, using empathy, diplomacy, and good humor
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a 40-hour per week exempt position. Work hours are Monday through Friday with occasional evening hours for stakeholder meetings. The salary range is $50,000-55,000 and is commensurate with experience. The benefit package includes health, retirement, life and short-term disability insurance as well as paid time off. Any offer is subject to a successful background check and drug test. This position is virtual and some travel in Connecticut is required.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position. Exceptions to the degree requirements may be made for compelling reasons. Candidates of color and of all backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Five Frogs, Inc. is committed to building a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
We will only consider resume and cover letter submissions sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents should be named as follows: LAST NAME – FIRST NAME_RESUME & COVER LETTER.
This position is remote.