Our First Hire
In March, I joined Five Frogs as the first Executive Director, launched start-up activities to transition the organization to its next phase and expanded our reach allowing us to develop more leaders. This is an exciting time in our life cycle! I am embracing our learning by doing philosophy and continually leaping.
We launched a first-ever campaign to fuel our growth and execute on our strategic plan, including raising sufficient revenue and expanding talent capacity. We reached 75% of our $1MM goal. As part of the overarching campaign we reached out to you, our inspiring community of leaders, with a separate ask of $20,000 from 200 leaders; one quarter of the 200 leaders helped us meet our goal.
This fall we gathered for our first in-person social in Bridgeport. It was an opportunity for leaders to connect and for me to meet several program alums. Since this was our first in-person event since 2019, we found many leaders were hungry for peer-to-peer connections. We look forward to hosting more in-person and virtual gatherings in the coming year.
Piloted Peer Learning Cohorts
Nearly 30 leaders participated in two new peer learning cohorts:
- The White Peer Learning Cohort supported leaders in a process of education, self-agitation and action towards racial equity
- The BIPOC Peer Learning Cohort supported leaders in diving deeper into their personal liberation work while exploring how their experiences intersect with theories of identity, power, intersectionality and oppression
Pivoting from an in-person, six-month experience to a 10-month virtual one was no small feat. But our talented team successfully created an inclusive and supportive environment for leaders to learn and engage in self-discovery. The overall leader effectiveness rating increased considerably, reflecting increased confidence in self-awareness and conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion.
As we look ahead to 2022, we are thrilled about the opportunities on the horizon which include:
- expanding our team and board to align to new organizational demands
- reaching more cross-sector leaders
- supporting a movement of diverse, brave leaders to act boldly together
- sharing our learnings as we implement practices and policies that shift to an anti-racist, multicultural organization
- providing more opportunities for leaders to learn, lead and grow including our first Annual Leadership Summit
LDR 2013 Alum