Thanks for your interest in the Leadership Development Roundtable! Applications are due electronically by 4pm Monday,February 13, 2023.
While you have the ability to save your application and return to it at a later date, we strongly recommend that you compile all information before beginning. To assist you, please review the following instructions carefully. If you have questions, please see the Frequently Asked Questions or Contact Us.
Step 1: Review LDR Description & Schedule
Carefully review Leadership Development Roundtable description and schedule. Leaders are expected to attend all sessions. LDR alumni say the relationships they have made, including their expanded network, are among the best program outcomes.
Step 2: Prepare Essays
Prepare the following materials offline.
(A)Essays: Tell us about yourself! All applicants MUST answer question one (1) and choose either question two (2) or three (3) to answer. Respond to these questions succinctly using a maximum of two pages.
- Required: Tell us why the Leadership Development Roundtable is a good fit for you now and how the Five Frogs mission for an equitable Connecticut aligns with your own purpose.
- Describe a challenge you face as a leader today.
- Describe one of your strengths and how you put it to use recently.
You will be able to either upload your responses in .pdf, .doc., .docx formats, or copy and paste in a narrative field. If uploading your response, the file should be named “last name, first name_Essay 2023”. For example, “Chisholm, Ebony_Essay 2023”
Step 3: Prepare Short Bio
All applicants must provide a short bio and headshot. Five Frogs shares these internally with your cohort peers, facilitators, and coaches. Your bio should be succinct, approximately 100 words. A sample bio is provided below for your reference.
All bios will need to up uploaded in .doc or .docx format. The file should be named “last name, first name_Bio 2023”. For example, “Chisholm, Ebony_Bio 2023.”
Step 4: Create / Update LinkedIn Profile
The application asks for your current LinkedIn profile. Be sure your profile includes information regarding your current position. Should your profile need refreshing consider using this helpful resource.
Step 5: Prepare for Short Answer Questions
In order to know more about you, your prior leadership and coaching experience, and what inspires you, please be prepared to provide brief responses to the following questions:
- What social issue(s) do you care most about?
- What leadership traits are you looking to build?
- What are your core values and/or personal guiding principles?
- In order to get a fuller picture of your leadership, please describe any meaningful involvement in other areas of your life beyond your full-time work (e.g., faith community, civic arena, volunteer work, etc.)
- From your perspective, what is one key challenge and opportunity facing your sector that leaders should pay more attention to?
- Have you participated in other leadership development opportunities within the last five years? If so, which ones?
- Have you ever participated in 1:1 leadership coaching?
- What qualities/attributes are most important to you in a leadership coach?
- Do you have any accommodation requests? If so, please describe.
- Are you fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19? If not, please explain.